I'm finally on 'Summer Vacation'... I'm not sure if I work harder during the summer or during the school year. Said 'goodbye' to my students last week, cleaned up & organized my classroom, and went to a leadership training yesterday. I'm now officially off of teacher duty till sometime in August (I put a reminder in my phone so that I don't forget to show up on the 1st teacher day -pathetic, I know, but a necessary evil).
Living on a farm, or anywhere else, there is always the 'Honey Do' list. I always look forward to 'summer vacation' as a time where I can get caught up and do things around the farm & house that I don't have time to work on during the busy school year. Mine has grown very long now... I create my own 'Honey Do' list, not for my hubby, but for me... so here it goes (maybe).
My List: (I'm a little ambitious - maybe I'll start just after I have another cup of coffee, watch a little HGTV for ideas and check out Pintrest...)
- finish chicken coop - windows, doors, screens, shelves
- finish windows for coop - sand, paint, reglaze
- clean up old coop area, re-seed, & hope it turns back into lawn again
- find a new home for the small coops that I no longer need - they may just become scrap lumber for around the farm
- weed & feed garden
- build fence around back yard - need to keep dogs in and chickens out - (the chickens leave my veggies & fruit alone, but wreck havoc on my flower beds)
- prep and paint backporch
- build new & improved compost bin - 2 have been a learning experience
- make and sew cusion for the cat to use in his favorite window
- clean and organize my house (every cabinet & drawer) I'm in a purge & clean mode (after 18+ years of marriage & two kids... I've got a lot to purge)
- paint front hall (hasn't been painted in 20 years - kinda needs to get done)
- touch up paint everywhere else in the house (those with kids will understand - just hope the paint covers up who knows what that they've left on the walls - just safer not to know)
- harvest and can/freeze veggies & fruit
- defrost freezer
- plant onions, garlic, and aspargus (hope I haven't killed it yet)
- plant more potatoes
- summer teacher reading
- finish all unfinished knitting, crocheting, and quilting projects
- spending time with my boys & helping one finish some of his cub scout requirements
Now it is time to start the 'Honey Do' list that I've created for me - some items are for fun and some just have to get done before I start back to school in August. Ahh - summer vacation (I think).